The Canadian Culinary Institute under the auspices of the Canadian Culinary Federation administers the Certified Master Chef (CMC) program. The CMC professional designation is the newest certification under the CCI and also the highest attainable culinary designation in Canada.
The program has been developed by industry Master Chefs and faculty from the Canadian Centre of Culinary Arts & Science at Humber College. The program is recognized by the Canadian Tourism and Human Resource Council with its network of partnering agencies and associations throughout Canada.
This program requires a minimum 2 year commitment with a maximum allowance of 4 years to complete all components.
Once you have read the overview / pre-requisites, please click for the application form. Upon completion of the application form, please pay particular attention to the preamble of the application regarding how the document is to be submitted. Be advised that applications not accompanied with the required documentation will be rejected. All applications will be thoroughly assessed prior to approval. Potential candidates may be interviewed prior to approval.
- Canadian Red Seal certification or the international equivalent.
- 8 years post red seal experience including 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- A CCI – Certified Chef de Cuisine designation or international equivalent (CEC designation from the ACF).
- HACCAP Levels 1 and 2
- A Valid food handlers certificate.
- A current resume highlighting work experience for the previous 8 years.
- A letter from current employer pledging support.
- A letter from the applicant describing his / her reasons for seeking a Certified Master Chef designation.